Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary To Us!!!!

Thursday, August 27th, Becky and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary. It was already a special day….but around 2:15 PM I decided (before we left town) to check our home phone one last time. The voice on the other end was the admissions office from Texas Women’s University telling my wife that if she called in before 3 they had a spot for her in their nursing program. (Talk about kicking things into high gear!) The call was made and my wife is now on her way to becoming a full-fledged nurse! It was the best anniversary present that we have ever received. I am now throwing my support behind my incredible wife and in a couple of years her dream of being a nurse will come true! That afternoon we left town to spend a few days away from the rigors of real life and to have some relaxing moments away. Of course my relaxation included a couple of rounds of golf (see picture of the deer on the golf course below) and hers included a massage package. (Not wanting to brag, but I put the trip together and the spa package was a winner!) Keep Becky in your prayers as her schedule is rather hectic this semester!